Free Web Hosting Review of:
(Click above to go to this free web site hosting service.)
|Free Web Space:
||No ads (bannerless).|
||Top-level domain name, or Subdomain.|
- Vista Panel.
- Fantastico-like script installer.
- MySQL databases.
- Email - Custom MX records.
- Bandwidth limit 50,000 MB/month.
- Free website statistics.
- Password-protected files.
- Addon domains.
- Cron Jobs allowed.
- Instant account activation.
- Custom CNAME records.
- Maximum Filesize limit 10 MB.
- 30-days Inactivity limit.
- Unmetered MySQL space.
- Free website builder with 100s of free webpage templates.
- Disk space / Web Traffic / CPU stats.
- Redirection and IP address deny manager.
- VistaPanel control panel with file manager (browser uploading).
- Custom SPF records.
- Clustered Servers.
- Freehosting for up to 5 add-on domain names.
- Softaculous automatic one-click scripts installer with 33 scripts including PHPbb, Joomla, and Wordpress.
- PHP Flags manager - PHP display errors, set PHP time zone, magic quotes, and more in one click.
- Host up to 5 Sub-domains with a choice of the following free domains: 22web.org, 10001mb.com, 2kool4u.net, 66ghz.com, a0001.net, fast-page.org, html-5.me, humorme.info, iblogger.org, is-best.net, is-great.net, is-great.org, joomla-host.org, likesyou.org, loveslife.biz, my-board.org, my-style.in, mydiscussion.net, nichesite.org, social-networking.me, synergize.co, talk4fun.net, totalh.net, or web1337.net.
- Webhosting servers recently upgraded to use Cloud Linux, customized mod_security, and php suhosin for improved security and website uptime.
||March 29, 2005.|
||November 6, 2018.|
||102 (out of possible 0 to 125 points)|
See How Free Webhosting Features Are Rated
Average Rating: 9.25 / 10
Total Votes: 813
Rate this Free Webspace Host: ByetHost
662 User Testimonials/Reviews of ByetHost
151 blank user reviews (ratings only) not listed.
Show all details for user ratings with blank user reviews also.
|Reviewed on: 2007-09-06 -
(IP: 82.37.x.x) -
|I think the company is fantastic. I run a reseller plan that byethost provide for free giving you the chance to add your own banners and make a buck or two. I found this company about 5 months ago when I started to learn about website building. I was eager enough to have actually created my own webserver on my home computer, so have quite a bit of knowledge of the hosting servers, and I must say byethost became my community home. I love the servers, love the support, and love the forums where you can find a lot of people who are willing to help guide you through your learning process. This is genuinely the best free host I have come across. Big thumbs up - top rated! |
|Reviewed on: 2007-09-04 -
(IP: 24.190.x.x) -
|I just wanted to say: I had an emergency with my domain today, and I got help in literally minutes, instead of hours. There was no hassle, and in fact it seemed as if they knew the answer before I asked. This is better support than any paid hosting I ever had, and I got free services from them... amazing!|
|Reviewed on: 2007-09-02 -
(IP: 89.104.x.x) -
|ByetHost has both free and paid types of hosting, yet I am using free hosting and it serves me well 2 or 3 years. I have tried many free hostings, but at last stopped on this one. Their staff again and again proves their responsibility (even for freehosting plans!). They provide almost perfect conditions for your web site (check out their homepage). Some of the features you could see only at paid hosting plans of other hosters, let alone ready to help support staff. Byethost has reliable servers (for example, my site was never noticed to be offline), and their traffic limits are simply huge (for free hosting), which easily fits many sites. As I am using it and it has no disadvantages, I would recommend ByetHost to everyone who needs free web hosting. Moreover their paid plans are very interesting, if you search for one.|
|Reviewed on: 2007-08-30 -
(IP: 64.237.x.x) -
|I have been using byethost's free webspace service for a year now. Their service is OK most of the time. I have experienced two problems with them:|
1. They do not notify users of major server changes. In a couple of occasions I had my website wiped and/or locked out of my account because they changed usernames/passwords or did server upgrades without letting me know. I thought going to the support forum would alleviate this, but sometimes they take those down as well.
2. For the last 4 months their servers have been truncating download transfers to 500 KB. It does not matter what kind of file; if it is over 500KB, their server does not transfer it completely. I opened a support ticket about two months ago, and they still have not fixed it. Although their staff has been polite, they have not taken the care to update the ticket nor inform me of any progress. The support ticket is basically in limbo right now. They have not given me any indication they are planning to do anything about it.
I still recommend them if you are looking for a free host, but be aware that as a free service you might experience interruptions or problems like the one described from time to time.
|Reviewed on: 2007-08-29 -
(IP: 80.73.x.x) -
|Byet Host is excellent. I am a free hosting reseller using their sister site, MyOwnFreeHost. They have fast and helpful support. They are always releasing updates and new features.|
|Reviewed on: 2007-08-28 -
(IP: 62.168.x.x) -
|They use fast servers, have good support, and provide enough filespace and bandwidth for free free online web space accounts. This is why I bought their paid hosting. It is really good on both free and paid hosting variants.|
|Reviewed on: 2007-08-28 -
(IP: 81.255.x.x) -
|I am really not a webmaster or a forum administrator, but after having tested many freehostings which disappeared or lost my website contents I discovered a very high quality service hosting here with many well implemented features. I would like to also thank your very good and fast support team! Just one thing: unless I did not discover it yet, some hosting services also propose an online website creator, which could be interesting to have here.|
|Reviewed on: 2007-08-26 -
(IP: 89.51.x.x) -
|I tested ByetHost free space hosting for my PHP/MySQL application and was surprised by the quality of their services. After a few days of using the free service I decided to upgrade to one of their paid plans, to have additional databases and full email services. There were some issues in the beginning, but support helped me through very quickly and also changed specific PHP settings to make things work perfectly. The control panel is powerful and easy to use, performance is good, and I do not see any reason to not stay for a longer time.|
|Reviewed on: 2007-08-22 -
(IP: 24.150.x.x) -
|They are very good. I upgraded to paid web hosting - excellent deal - 1 free domain and hosting for a year for 34.99. It seems to be fast - no complaints yet. Customer service and their forum are very good, like the previous reviewer said. I do not usually post these reviews, but thought I would since I enjoy their business so far and I have been with them for a few months and started with their free hosting plan. I put 9 rating because no one gets 10 rating from me. |
|Reviewed on: 2007-08-19 -
(IP: 213.156.x.x) -
|I would reccomend this site to everyone. It is quick, simple, and comes with many free scripts (for forums, blogs, etc.). I have been using this site for a few months now, and the only negative point I could find is that they changed the passwords the other day and therefore could not upload files with FTP and could not enter the cpanel for a few hours. Otherwise everything is going smooth!|
662 Customer Comments/Reviews of ByetHost
Page: 3 of 67
Go to Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
Report Dead Link
Report Incorrect Info
Review and Rate this Free Web Hosting Site