Free Web Hosting Review of:
(Click above to go to this free web site hosting service.)
|Free Web Space:
||No ads (bannerless).|
||Top-level domain name, or Subdomain.|
- Vista Panel.
- Fantastico-like script installer.
- MySQL databases.
- Email - Custom MX records.
- Bandwidth limit 50,000 MB/month.
- Free website statistics.
- Password-protected files.
- Addon domains.
- Cron Jobs allowed.
- Instant account activation.
- Custom CNAME records.
- Maximum Filesize limit 10 MB.
- 30-days Inactivity limit.
- Unmetered MySQL space.
- Free website builder with 100s of free webpage templates.
- Disk space / Web Traffic / CPU stats.
- Redirection and IP address deny manager.
- VistaPanel control panel with file manager (browser uploading).
- Custom SPF records.
- Clustered Servers.
- Freehosting for up to 5 add-on domain names.
- Softaculous automatic one-click scripts installer with 33 scripts including PHPbb, Joomla, and Wordpress.
- PHP Flags manager - PHP display errors, set PHP time zone, magic quotes, and more in one click.
- Host up to 5 Sub-domains with a choice of the following free domains: 22web.org, 10001mb.com, 2kool4u.net, 66ghz.com, a0001.net, fast-page.org, html-5.me, humorme.info, iblogger.org, is-best.net, is-great.net, is-great.org, joomla-host.org, likesyou.org, loveslife.biz, my-board.org, my-style.in, mydiscussion.net, nichesite.org, social-networking.me, synergize.co, talk4fun.net, totalh.net, or web1337.net.
- Webhosting servers recently upgraded to use Cloud Linux, customized mod_security, and php suhosin for improved security and website uptime.
||March 29, 2005.|
||March 2, 2015.|
||102 (out of possible 0 to 125 points)|
See How Free Webhosting Features Are Rated
Average Rating: 9.25 / 10
Total Votes: 813
Rate this Free Webspace Host: ByetHost
662 User Testimonials/Reviews of ByetHost
151 blank user reviews (ratings only) not listed.
Show all details for user ratings with blank user reviews also.
|Reviewed on: 2007-05-25 -
(IP: 12.149.x.x) -
|I chose this hosting site because of its many features, along with unlimited POP3 email addresses and no ads. It also includes an extensive list of free downloadable programs for forums, blogs, cool-looking subdomains, etc. I only have a few complaints:|
1. The webmail does not work - only POP3. In addition, their servers do not take care of outgoing mail.
2. A few days after I registered my free site, there were ads on the bottom of it for really BAD sites. I immediately sent an email out (because of the content, and also because it was supposed to be ad-free), and they replied nicely enough and removed the ads (a point in their favor). Despite these minor problems, this is a good enough host with plenty of features that should work well for many sites.
|Reviewed on: 2007-05-25 -
(IP: 86.20.x.x) -
|WOW. I have used several web hosting companies now, and this is by FAR the best. I run an online ecommerce store and had a few technical issues, and the support team went beyond their duties to help me get it setup as soon as possible. You can always be sure to get contact with the support team within seconds, and responses to prior purchase emails were amazingly fast too. I have had 2 free hosting accounts with them and have now just purchased premium hosting which costs next to nothing, as thier support alone is worth GOLD. Technically their setup is amazing: cpanel, security, speed (WOW), web space/bandwidth (very generous free or paid). Thank you, byethost. You have been wonderful to me. I think all web hosting companies can learn a thing or too from these guys. Well done. Another very happy customer here.|
|Reviewed on: 2007-05-22 -
(IP: 59.92.x.x) -
|Great host. The only thing missing is the e-mail function.|
|Reviewed on: 2007-05-18 -
(IP: 202.73.x.x) -
|This web host is great, but sometimes there is a possibility the banner might show an "adult" content, so you must be careful before choosing this web hosting provider. They are frequently experimenting with advertsing methods and changing which banners are displayed, and sometimes there is a risk an advertiser puts offensive stuff on your free webpages (I think Byethost tries to use advertisers that will not do that, but it is risky leaving the moral decision up to the advertisers). If you are going to run a website for audiences in general, I would recommend using a bannerless free web site host (with no ads on your site), and use your own domain or a free URL service elsewhere so that you can change to another freehost if needed.|
|Reviewed on: 2007-05-14 -
(IP: 67.80.x.x) -
|This host is amazing. The free webhosting network has super fast servers. I liked them so much I paid for hosting with them. Their dedicated servers hosting all the freewebsites are top notch.|
|Reviewed on: 2007-05-08 -
(IP: 85.145.x.x) -
|Byethost is a very good free host -- all is ok, but I have one thing that is not good: that is that my website is loading slow sometimes, but that is all. I give this freehost a 9 rating because of that. Good job, byethost.|
|Reviewed on: 2007-05-06 -
(IP: 81.77.x.x) -
|Absolutely amazing. I have been to many web hosts, but this one truly stands out above them all. You get free webspace with unlimited bandwidth, a fantastic control panel, and support that is given under half an hour. The hosting is totally reliable, with fast servers. I have still not experienced any down time yet. Truly amazing -- well done. |
|Reviewed on: 2007-05-06 -
(IP: 202.141.x.x) -
|To start with, it was all too great, although they did not support sendmail or php mail, plus they had a vast list of automatically installed scripts (script auto-installers), such as for phpBB message board, which I use on my free site (on a subdomain of byethost18.com). But then they put a forced ad without even asking me, and that really upset me. The added a large image banner ad at the web page bottom, so I had to change my host. Currently I am in the middle of transferring my files onto another host. But for a free host, it is not at all bad.|
|Reviewed on: 2007-04-27 -
(IP: 81.102.x.x) -
|I started hosting with byethost not long after they started. Their support was always good, and their servers always stable. Then one day they decided to post in the forums about adding a SAN and the account will be transfered, etc., and this is where EVERYTHING went wrong. My account was down for several days, and then eventually back up, but I had a different username and password for the control panel, and I was a lot more limited. But I kept with them. A few months down the line, everything is still up and down, and poof - their forum goes with a notice saying it will be back soon, but in a few more months it is replaced by a yoursupportgroup.com "Knowledge Base" site. Then they decided to offer bannerless free hosting, so I thought, "Ok, great - I am glad I stayed with them even with everything unstable." But then a few months down the line, and poof - forced ads are back, and an email informing me - something I did not receive until a few days later. We are now back to the un-stable hosting that has adverts. You should have stayed how you were, byethost.|
|Reviewed on: 2007-04-25 -
(IP: 83.117.x.x) -
|The best free host ever! The give you great support, and they just work with and for you! I can not think of a better freehost site!|
662 Customer Comments/Reviews of ByetHost
Page: 7 of 67
Go to Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
Report Dead Link
Report Incorrect Info
Review and Rate this Free Web Hosting Site